HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
e-IPO for Payment of Fee under the RTI Act 2005
The Department of Personnel and Training and Department of Posts have launched a service called e-IPO (Electronic Indian Postal Order) to enable Indian citizens to purchase an Indian Postal Order electronically to pay for seeking information under the RTI Act 2015 from Central Public Authorities in India and Indian Missions/Posts abroad by paying fee online through e-Post Office Portal http://www.epostoffice.gov.in (Ref. Department of Personnel & Training O.M. Nos. 1/44/2009-IR dated 22/03/2013, 07/10/2013 & 13/02/2014)
The procedure to obtain e-IPO facility are as follows:
- The user needs to get himself/herself registered at either of the two websites https://www.epostoffice.gov.in or https://rtionline.gov.in/
- He/She has to select the Ministry/Department/Mission/Post from whom he/she desires to seek the information under the RTI Act and the e-IPO so generated by making payment using Debit or Credit card.
- A printout of the e-IPO is required to be attached with the RTI application. If the RTI application is being filed electronically, e-IPO is required to be attached as an attachment.
- This facility is only for purchasing an Indian Postal Order electronically. All the requirements for filing an RTI application as well as other provisions regarding eligibility, time limit, exemptions, etc. as provided in the RTI Act 2005 will continue to apply.
- It may be noted that information provided under the Act is available to citizens of India only. Applications should be submitted along with documentary proof of Indian Citizenship (copy of personal particulars pages of passport.)
- RTI Applications by Indian nationals resident in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Togo, seeking information from the High Commission of India, Accra (GHANA), may be submitted to:
Head of Chancery & Public Information Officer
High Commission of India
PO Box CT-5708, Cantonments
No. 9, Ridge Road, Roman Ridge
For filing RTI applications online for seeking information under the RTI Act 2005 from the main ministries/departments of Central Govt., located at New Delhi, please visit Website: https://rtionline.gov.in/